"It's perfectly fine if I go, but you can't... Senku... For the sake of everyone's future, you absolutely cannot die!"
— Yuzuriha Ogawa, Dr. Stone, Chapter 9
Yuzuriha Ogawa (
In the Empire, Yuzuriha was tasked with making clothes for the other members, while also carrying out a secret mission assigned by Senku: reassembling the statues destroyed by Tsukasa in the hopes that they could still be revived under those conditions. After Tsukasa's defeat, she returned to the Kingdom of Science.
Yuzuriha is a young woman with brown hair, brown eyes and a slim build. She has two noticeable petrification scars, both in the shape of spirals, located on her shoulder and neck.
Before her petrification, Yuzuriha wore a standard high school uniform. After her depetrification, she wears a white cloth dress that's split at her sides and matching cloth shoes. Noticeably, Yuzuriha wears a white hairband that's vaguely shaped like wrap-around headphones, both before and after her petrification.
Following an encounter with Tsukasa, her long hair is cut to a shoulder-length bob.
After her second revival, her scars disappear. She soon adorns war paint in reflection of her stone markings during Tsukasa's revival.
Yuzuriha is a kind individual who tries to aid her friends and strangers alike in whatever ways she can. She usually uses her extensive crafting skills to help Senku carry out his inventions or reassemble destroyed petrified humans. Like Taiju, she is fiercely loyal to Senku. As childhood friends, she understands Senku's abilities and potential and is even willing to sacrifice herself when she is being used as a hostage by Tsukasa to allow Senku to escape. While not explicitly stated, she seems to return Taiju's feelings, but is waiting for him to make his official confession.
Like Taiju, she possesses a great amount of determination as well as faith, not truly believing Senku died and despite the clear evidence showcasing otherwise, eventually figures out a way to revive him along with Taiju.
She seems quiet and, while not overly shy, is usually reserved. She tends to get nervous in dangerous or unpredictable situations, but knows to keep her mind at the task at hand. In chapter 73, Senku refers to her as someone who won't abandon what she is doing to make her own moves and when given a task, puts 100% of her attention and motivation towards it. She is rather patient, showing great skill in carefully gathering the stone fragments of the statues Tsukasa destroys and painstakingly putting them back together in the hopes of fixing the statues and giving the people a chance at revival. She is also used to listening to Senku's lectures on science (at one point managing to endure a 5-hour lecture on science from him). She seems to be, at the very least, smarter than Taiju; an example of this being the attempt by Senku and Gen to win over Nikki by pretending to be Lillian through the telephone. While Taiju fully believes the ruse, Yuzuriha is quick to see through it and comprehend what they are trying to do.
Her passion and immense skill for crafts allows her to easily relate to Kaseki, with whom she collaborated a few times despite their specialties not being perfectly aligned. Her specialty is textiles (felting, sewing, spinning thread, weaving, etc.) while Kaseki focuses on harder crafts and building machinery. Their passion coincided for example, when requested to craft a model of the earth. Both of them were very excited to build such a model, and felt a bit insulted by Senku requesting just a quick rough globe. The end result was a giant globe and mechanical globe housed in a dome.
She loves fashion and becomes intense when crafting clothes. Yuzuriha also created a clothing store for both modern and stone world people who all enjoyed her endeavors.
Abilities and Skills
- Master Tailoring: Yuzuriha has extraordinary sewing capabilities, as well as excellent handiwork. Senku had full faith in her skill, as he placed the task of re-assembling the smashed stone statues into her care. And indeed she does this, with a form of primeval glue. She also makes fine leatherwork, one of which is used as the flag for the Kingdom of Science. Later, she is able to create high-quality clothes and opens Yuzuriha's Department Store after Senku and the gang manage to invent cloth. She's been described as a "wild beast" when crafting, as she quickly and fiercely puts together whatever she's working on at astonishing speed.
- Intelligence: While not as highly intelligent as Senku, she appears to have at least slightly above-average intelligence. When Senku manages to make contact via his telephone to the Tsukasa Empire and lies saying that the US army is coming to help them, Yuzuriha immediately sees through the lie but smartly keeps quiet. In addition, she mentions when she was younger that she managed to listen to Senku's several hours-long lectures on science and keep up with the information, something exceedingly difficult for a normal person to accomplish. In addition, despite her reserved personality, she demonstrates she is not as easily manipulated as other characters as shown when Gen openly lies and manipulates Yo and Magma to work harder on the fields under the false premise that doing so would grant them leadership, something Yuzuriha immediately caught onto as a lie. As of recent, she was also one of the few able to instantly tell that Senku's strangely nice treatment of Luna was just to get information about the enemy, when the others thought he had taken interest in her.  While not skilled in counting seconds like him, Yuzuriha picked up Senku's strategy of staying conscious while petrified and was fully aware of the time that passed.
- Mental Resilience: Yuzuriha proves herself to be very determined mentally. After the Second Petrification, Yuzuriha kept herself conscious for eight years until her revival.
- Yuzuriha's name is composed of "yuzuriha" (杠 lever) and her surname Ogawa is composed of "o" (小 little; small) and "gawa" (川 stream; river) to create Ogawa (Small River).
- Yuzuriha shares a motif with Taiju and Senku in that her name contains "gawa" (川 stream; river) in her name, which correlates to the theme of "land, sea, and sky".
|Male||Chrome • Gen Asagiri • Ginro • Hyoga • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Matsukaze • Moz • Ryusui Nanami • Senku Ishigami • Taiju Oki • Tsukasa Shishio • Yo Uei|
|Female||Homura Momiji • Kirisame • Kohaku • Minami Hokutozai • Nikki Hanada • Ruri • Suika • Yuzuriha Ogawa|
|Male||Brody Dudley • Byakuya Ishigami • Carlos Barrios • Gen Asagiri • Hyoga • Joel Gear • Leonard Maxwell • Max Adams • Ryusui Nanami • Sai Nanami • Senku Ishigami • Shamil Volkov • Stanley Snyder • Taiju Oki • Tetsuya Kinomoto • Tsukasa Shishio • Ukyo Saionji • Xeno Houston Wingfield • Yakov Nikitin • Yo Uei|
|Female||Charlotte Bony • Chelsea Childe • Connie Lee • Darya Nikitina • Homura Momiji • Lillian Weinberg • Luna Wright • Maya Biggs • Minami Hokutozai • Mirai Shishio • Nikki Hanada • Yuzuriha Ogawa|