"Science is power. For instance, I trust I don’t have to explain how your little rocket and a ballistic missile are fundamentally the same thing, right? With science in hand, the cleverest among us could rule over the ignorant masses."
— Dr. Xeno to Senku, Dr. Stone, Chapter 156
Dr. Xeno is a young adult with long, light-colored hair that has been rather meticulously styled into a large pompadour in the front while slicked and spiky towards the back. He has thick eyebrows that widen at the arch and large, dark eyes with no visible irises and heavy bags underneath, making him look slightly raccoon-like. He has a small nose and small mouth with no visible lips. His most notable facial feature is his extremely prominent forehead and the huge petrification scars crossing it. The scars are in the shape of an 'X', ironically the first initial of his name. He is most often seen with a smug, confident grin on his face.
He wears quite modern clothes, donning a long black coat with a high, jagged collar with a zig-zagging zipper. Panels of white jagged fabric wrap over his shoulders and around his ribcage, making an 'X' on his back, the middle of which hooks onto a small bag. Underneath, he has a light-colored dress shirt and a patterned necktie. Xeno also wears fitted black trousers and shiny black dress shoes. To accessorise, he wears wrist-length gloves with metal claws attached, similar to the clawed weapons used by Ibara.
Pre-petrification, he wore a very similar outfit but the coat was less spikey, didn't have the backpack attachment and used buttons rather than zippers.
Similar to Senku, Xeno is brilliant when it comes to science. He likes to give lectures on the various scientific endeavors he's involved in.
He is very observant, as he noted that Gen's group was skilled at facing the dangers of crossing the seas of the Stone World and that Gen may be lying to him after noticing he didn't fail his polygraph test.
He is somewhat eccentric, as he would invade Gen's personal space while asking for his identity in a menacing manner. According to Luna, Xeno would often state the word "Elegant", when something amazes him. This allowed Senku to remember him.
Xeno has proven to be condescending, he once stated in the case that he was sent back to the Stone Age that he will rule as a dictator over all those he saw as beneath him. Xeno belittled Magma in the call to the Perseus and requested to make contact with his fellow scientific equal. Xeno seems to underestimate the potential threat caused by Senku's group, as he labels them a "ragtag band of merry youths playing with science". He also has no qualms about starting a full-scale conflict with them, breaking contact the moment his conditions for the negotiation were rejected. Ryusui noted that judging by the behavior of his group so far, telling Xeno about the revival formula would spell doom for them since he is likely to make an army equipped with modern weapons to wipe them out.
Xeno is also fond of his protégé Senku. After Luna relayed a silent message to Stanley that Senku was with the Japanese exploration group, he immediately ordered Stanley to not fire and quickly deduced Taiju was a proxy used to protect Senku. Unfortunately, his affection for Senku is ultimately outweighed by his desire for complete control of the Stone World. With brief hesitation, he ordered Stanley to shoot him anyway.
- Genius Intellect: Xeno has proven himself to be an incredibly intelligent character time and time again, capable of swiftly communicating ideas with Senku as well as successfully solving various mathematical, strategic and scientific problems alike. He has shown the ability to adapt to new and threatening situations rather capably, always organizing his planning to further his agenda. So far, his intellect has been rivaled only by his former mentee, Senku.
- Skilled Scientist: As a former NASA Scientist, Dr. Xeno is a very capable science user. As it turns out, in the past, Xeno served as Senku's mentor. He was a NASA scientist prior to the petrification event. He was capable of identifying the tactics Senku's group used to bring down Stanley's aircraft. Senku acknowledged that Xeno's technological advancement was superior to his group's. It can be presumed that he is responsible for the construction of the fortress the Americans are using in San Francisco, the planes that were used to attack the group, and the various kinds of machinery they utilize for farming. The polygraph test used for Gen Asagiri's questioning is also likely to have been made by him. He also created a communications system to speak with his enemies or his colleagues. However, he wasn't able to come up with a revival formula for the petrified statues, something Senku came up very quickly after he was depetrified. From the recording of the transmissions he had his enemies, he was able to accurately calculate the age, height, and build of Senku . 
- Competent Leadership: Dr. Xeno has been proven to be a capable leader, as he rallied his former NASA colleagues and a military soldier under his control after they depetrified.
- Linguistic Proficiency: Dr. Xeno has revealed himself to be bilingual, speaking both English and Japanese. However, he has stated that he is not very fluent in speaking Japanese. Though he is later shown having a scientific conversation with Chrome, suggesting he can have normal conversations; though he use English for specific items and chemicals and has Senku translate.
- Mental Resilience: Dr. Xeno has a great mentality, as he mentioned that he and his followers kept themselves awake for over thousands of years.
- Xeno is the American equivalent of Senku:
- He is a scientist like Senku.
- He revived on his own like Senku.
- He is responsible for the scientific weapons of his side.
- He uses a catchphrase "Elegant", which is like Senku's catchphrase "ten billion percent"
- They de-petrified on the same day.
- There are key differences between the pair.
- Xeno is much older than Senku.
- Xeno has never discovered the Revival Fluid.
- Xeno spent more time on building up their weapons and buildings than Senku did.
- Xeno lacks Senku's morals and kind nature, best evidenced in Chapter 154 where both give their respective orders to the group. Senku wishes to capture the enemy scientist while Xeno wishes to eliminate the scientist in Senku's group in order to gain control of his group. He also seems to heavily look down upon those he considers of "lesser intellect" in contrast to Senku who (playful teasing aside) cares for his friends and values each of them and their respective abilities.
- Xeno likely did not conduct experiments with nitric acid after depetrifying, which would explain why he didn't discover the Revival Fluid.
- Xeno respects fellow scientists, as he compliments Chrome for correct answers.
- Xeno seems to wear metallic claws for doing delicate work; given when he's been seen working with small or light objects, he avoids using his fingers in full.
- It is confirmed in the character notes for volume 18 that Xeno's full name is Xeno Houston Wingfield.
|Male||Brody Dudley • Carlos Barrios • Leonard Maxwell • Max Adams • Stanley Snyder • Xeno Houston Wingfield|
|Female||Charlotte Bony • Luna Wright • Maya Biggs|