Stone Wars (
IMAGINE WAKING TO A WORLD WHERE EVERY LAST HUMAN HAS BEEN MYSTERIOUSLY TURNED TO STONE...
Senku's father, the astronaut Byakuya, returned to Earth shortly after humanity turned to stone. What did he leave behind for his son to discover thousands of years later?
In the meantime, Senku and the villagers have to contend with attackers from the Tsukasa Empire. The dire situation calls for drastic measures, so they start work on their strongest weapon yet...
- Z=044 One Hundred Nights, One Thousand Skies (百の夜と千の空 Hyaku no Yoru to Sen no Sora)
- Z=045 Epiloge of Part 1 (End of Part 1) Part 2: Stone Wars (
Epilogue of Chapter１(第一章最終話) Epirōgu Obu Chaputā Ichi (Dai Isshō Saishō-wa))
- Z=046 Stone Wars (
STONE WARSSutōn Wōzu)
- Z=047 Science vs. Power (
SCIENCE VS POWERSaiensu Bāsasu Pawā)
- Z=048 Blades of Science (科学の刃 Kagaku no Yabai)
- Z=049 To the Present (そして現代へ Soshite Gendai)
- Z=050 Humanity's Greatest Weapon (人類最強の武器 Jinrui Saikyō no Buki)
- Z=051 Sweets for the Stone World (石の世界にスイーツ Ishi no Sekai ni Suītsu)
- Z=052 Age of Energy (動力の時代 Dōryoku no Jidai)
For chapters 42-44, I used over 1,070 reference photos. It was brutal work for several weeks, but my staff and I poured out hearts into it. Why? I have special feelings for the Soyuz rockets and Baikonur base since one of my past series was set in Russia. In order to learn about the country's history, literature, food and mafia, I read Russian books, listened to Russian music and even tried cooking Russian food. After all, I know that I need to cultivate a certain love for a culture if I want to portray it. With that series, I tried to convey Russia's passion, loneliness and solemnity.
In a way, doing this part of Dr. Stone revived my passion for Russia. I still haven't traveled there in person, but I hope to someday!
I visited a spear dojo for research!
This picture's small and it's hard to tell, but the spear on the left is blurry. The "pipe spear" has the spear itself going through a pipe and just like Hyoga's it spins around. There's no blocking that!
They even let me try it out. I got it to spin just fine, but pulling off an actual attack was another story. I need more training!
Volume 6 was published on July 4, 2018, during Japans Tankōbon ranking period of 2rd to 8th July 2018. Dr. Stone Volume 6 ranked 15/50 during that period selling an estimated 56,071 Tankōbon copies during its first week on sale.
During its second and final week, it ranked 40/50 selling an estimated 20,822 totaling an estimated 76,893 sold Tankōbons of Dr. Stone Volume 6 during the period of July 02 to 15 July 2018.
- http://books.shueisha.co.jp/content.html?isbn=978-4-08-881558-9 Shueisha book listing
- https://www.amazon.com/Dr-STONE-Vol-Riichiro-Inagaki/dp/1974705064 Amazon US book listing
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-STONE-Vol-Riichiro-Inagaki/dp/1974705064 Amazon UK book listing
- https://www.amazon.com.au/Dr-STONE-Vol-Riichiro-Inagaki/dp/1974705064 Amazon AU book listing
- Dr. Stone Volume 6 sales from July 02 to July 08 2018
- Dr. Stone Volume 6 sales from July 09 to July 15 2018