The Strongest Weapon is... (
IMAGINE WAKING TO A WORLD WHERE EVERY LAST HUMAN HAS BEEN MYSTERIOUSLY TURNED TO STONE...
While the Kingdom of Science is busy reviving people, Senku's task force is putting together a plan to nab the petrification device. Once the equipment's ready, it'll be a three-way showdown between the Kingdom of Science, the Petrification Kingdom and the mighty warrior Moz! But Senku's enemies are one step ahead with a scheme of their own...
- Z=125 Decisive Three-Dimensional Battle (三次元の決戦 Sanjigen no Kessen)
- Z=126 Three-Dimensional Stratagem (三次元の謀略 Sanjigen no Bōryaku)
- Z=127 Medusa & Perseus (
MEDUSA & PERSEUSMedyūsa ando Peruseusu)
- Z=128 Island-Wide Battle Royale (全土大乱戦 Zendo Dairansen)
- Z=129 Joker (
- Z=130 Devil's Choice (悪魔の選択 Akuma no Sentaku)
- Z=131 Nasty Crimes (悪り一罪 Wari Izzai)
- Z=132 The Strongest Weapon is... (最強の武器は Saikyou no Buki wa)
- Z=133 Flash of Destruction (滅びの煌めき Horobi no Hirameki)
I came to a certain decision when drawing Japanese landscapes untouched by man for 3,700 years. I shouldn't draw flat forests filled with Japanese cedar trees growing straight up. There can't be a lot of cedar trees because, in real life, people have developed the land. They can't grow straight up because that requires careful pruning and engineering. And the forests can't be level because it's an easy cop-out for someone who's lived on the flat plains of Kanto. For 13 years I lived there, and the first image of a forest that comes to mind is a flat one with cedar trees— manicured to uniform average height. That's why I draw as few cedars as possible, and I never make them straight. The trees have been growing freely for hundreds or even thousands of years.
I won't draw level forests. I modeled the plains of Kanto that appear in the story after Russian airspace images of the tundra. I'm always striving to impart these scenes with a sense of majesty, showing the power of nature in all its glory.
But even with all that thought put into it, I still haven't quite pulled it off. The problem lies in my abilities, I'm only capable of so much...
They came out with a Dr. Stone-themed escape room! You use science experiments to solve puzzles, making it an experience pretty much unlike any other. They let me try it out as a test run, and I managed to clear the game (after receiving some hints)! It was lots of fun! If you get the chance, definitely give it a shot.
There's also a Dr. Stone stamp rally event, a special Dr. Stone skin for train cars, a Dr. Stone science exhibit... I'm thrilled that the series is inspiring all these events!
- https://https://books.shueisha.co.jp/items/contents.html?isbn=978-4-08-882255-6 Shueisha book listing
- https://www.amazon.com/Dr-STONE-Vol-15/dp/1974720039/ Amazon US book listing