The Secret of Petrification (石化の秘密 Sekka no Himitsu) is the twelfth volume of Dr. Stone series.
IMAGINE WAKING TO A WORLD WHERE EVERY LAST HUMAN HAS BEEN MYSTERIOUSLY TURNED TO STONE...
The Kingdom of Science is now in uncharted waters! Motivated to find out the meaning behind the cryptic message they intercepted, Senku and a select few prepare for a long overseas voyage. What they find on their first stop on their journey might provide a clue to the mysterious petrification that ended civilization.
- Z=098 Ryusui (龍水 Ryusui)
- Z=099 Kingdom of Science Photo Journal (科学王国写真日記 Kagaku Ōkoku Shashin Nikki)
- Z=100 Origin of the 100 Tales (はじまりの百物語 Hajimari no Hyaku Monogatari)
- Z=101 Treasure Chest (
TREASURE BOXTorejā Bokkusu)
- Z=102 Perseus, Ship of Science (科学船ペルセウス Kagakusen Peruseusu)
- Z=103 Light of Hope and Despair (絶望と希望の光 Zetsubō to Kibō no Hikari)
- Z=104 Men of Forensics (科捜研の男たち Kasōken no Otoko-tachi)
- Z=105 The Island's Great Beauty (島一の美少女 Shimaichi no Bishōjo)
- Z=106 The Secret of Petrification (石化の秘密 Sekka no Himitsu)
I think a lot about the designs of Senku's inventions. Depending on the level of technology available to him, the materials and finishing touches can change quite a bit. (If you're curious, Senku's at level 3 in this volume, which would be early industrial revolution.) But the most important factor is Senku's heart. What's he thinking? How much consideration does he give the villagers and their lives? I try to imagine his feelings and put them into the designs.
For instance, take Tsukasa's freezer apparatus shown above.
No matter how long the voyage takes— despite the passing seasons and earthquakes and changes to the waterfall— Tsukasa's device has to maintain a constant temperature, so that's how I designed it.
"Even while I'm away, Tsukasa will remain safe."
That sentiment of Senku's went into this design.
The Dr. Stone anime has begun! And it's all thanks to your support. The anime is so fun that I find myself watching it over and over and over.
The image above shows an ad from the city streets back when the anime was screened in the U.S.
I guess you never know where Senku is going to pop up at this point.
Volume 12 was published on September 4, 2019, during Japans Tankōbon ranking period of 2nd to 8th September 2019. Dr. Stone Volume 12 ranked 7/50 during that period selling an estimated 68,740 Tankōbon copies during its first week on sale.<ref>Dr. Stone Volume 12 sales from nowiki<ref>September 02 to September 08 2019</ref>
- https://books.shueisha.co.jp/items/contents.html?isbn=978-4-08-882055-2 Shueisha book listing
- https://www.amazon.com/Dr-STONE-Vol-12/dp/1974715299/ Amazon US listing