First Contact (ファーストコンタクト Fāsuto Kontakuto) is the eleventh volume of Dr. Stone series.
IMAGINE WAKING TO A WORLD WHERE EVERY LAST HUMAN HAS BEEN MYSTERIOUSLY TURNED TO STONE...
The advent of the hot-air balloon means Senku and friends can start making accurate maps. And with more allies than ever, the Kingdom of Science starts a food revolution to create tasty, long-lasting bread to feed everyone in the kingdom. Then, while testing their new motorboat in nearby waters, they intercept a cryptic message. Could there be others who survived the petrification?!
- Z=089 Adventures (冒険者たち Bōkensha-tachi)
- Z=090 New World Map (
NEW WORLD MAPNyū Wārudo Mappu)
- Z=091 Need Bread? Start with Wheat (パンが無ければ麦から作ればいいじゃない Pan ga Nakereba Mugi kara Tsukureba ī Janai)
- Z=092 Desire is Noble (欲しいイコール正義 Hoshī Ikōru Seigi)
- Z=093 The First Shot is Yours (一枚目はあなたに Ichi-mai-me wa Anata ni)
- Z=094 The Scent of Black Gold (
黒い宝石の香り Burakku Jueru no Kaori)
- Z=095 First Contact (ファーストコンタクト Fāsuto Kontakuto)
- Z=096 Eye of Science (科学の眼 Kagaku no Me)
- Z=097 The Joy of Leadership (楽しい帝王学 Tanoshī Teiō-gaku)
I love thinking about Ishigami Village. The fact that it's been around for 3,700 years makes it the longest-lasting civilization in history. I'm gradually trying to imbue the village and its people with that sense of history. I have a lot of respect for them.
The ropes around their waists mark them as villagers, and even animals can become official members of the village if they wear a piece of rope.
Red string is woven into those ropes to symbolize that person's role in the village. I believe Senku will receive his own rope someday.
The image above is a gift of "rope" I've gotten from fans. I don't think I'm worthy of that sort of love and respect, but I'll keep working hard!
When I receive these gifts, it feels like we're all part of the same village.
I attended a bread-making class where we got to knead our own dough and bake it ourselves. It was probably the tastiest bread I've ever had!
Since I now have the ability to make bread at home, I'm already thinking about how much fun it'll be to think up my own special flavors for my Inagaki-brand bread!
It seems like a great hobby to have, since you end up with a practical, edible product in the end.
Volume 11 was published on July 4, 2019, during Japans Tankōbon ranking period of 1st to 7th July 2019. Dr. Stone Volume 11 ranked 10/50 during that period selling an estimated 56,414 Tankōbon copies during its first week on sale.
During its second and final week, it ranked 30/50 selling an estimated 24,860 totaling an estimated 81,274 sold Tankōbons of Dr. Stone Volume 11 during the period of the 1st July to 14th July 2019.
- https://www.amazon.com/Dr-STONE-Vol-11/dp/1974714799/ Amazon US book listing
- https://www.amazon.com.au/Dr-STONE-Vol-11/dp/1974714799/ Amazon AU book listing
- Dr. Stone Volume 11 sales from July 01 to July 07 2019
- Dr. Stone Volume 11 sales from July 08 to July 14 2019