|Line 117:||Line 117:|
Revision as of 14:53, 28 May 2020
"This stone world... is a paradise not yet to be tamed! Let's just revive the innocent, young people. We'll live together in nature, which doesn't belong to someone else. This is an opportunity to cleanse humanity!"
— Tsukasa Shishio, Dr. Stone, Chapter 4
Tsukasa Shishio (獅子王司 Shishiō Tsukasa) is the former primary antagonist of Dr. Stone. He was the antagonist of the first several arcs, his goal being to thin out the human population in order to create a new world without modern technology for the pure-hearted.
Despite his claims that no threat would come after Senku and Taiju, which proved ironic, Tsukasa became one of the biggest obstacles to Senku's Kingdom of Science and restoring humanity as a whole in general.
In order to fight and prevent Senku from establishing a scientifically advanced civilization, he goes on to found his own society comprised of strong warriors to further his agenda. Eventually coming to a stalemate, he forms a temporary truce with Senku after the latter proposed to save his sister and ultimately defeats the traitorous Hyoga along with Senku.
After his life was saved by Senku by depetrifying him from his cryogenic state, Tsukasa joins the Kingdom of Science and embarks with them on their trip to United States, channeling his ideals differently - yet still striving for a morally pure world without exploatation of the innocent.
Tsukasa is a tall and muscular young man with wild, brown hair that he has been growing since childhood with bits of stone near the ends, and pale skin. He has an androgynous face and is stated to be handsome by Minami Hokutozai. His height is estimated to be somewhere around 203.8 cm/6'8", making him the tallest out of the cast, according to Boichi.
He has three stone markings: one across his face that cuts across his right eye, another etched deep into his left one from the corner of his eyelid all the way down across his nose and ends at the bottom of his jaw on the right, and the third being stretched across from his left shoulder over his chest and stopping at his upper abdomen.
After years of MMA fighting, Tsukasa gained permanently swollen knuckles on his index, middle and ring fingers.
His initial outfit is a crude red yukata and cloak made from a lion that he killed to protect Senku and Taiju. He used its pelt as a coat that he wore around or draped across his shoulders. He wears no shoes. Once he meets Senku after a year after believing he had killed him, he wears a cream pelt shirt with his torn yukata as a skirt.
After being revived from cryosleep, Tsukasa's scars are removed and replaced with a hand-drawn one.
Tsukasa is essentially violent, but extremely careful and aware of his actions. He is a very kind, thoughtful, and polite man outside of his pessimistic ideals towards humanity. He offers help in the beginning to Senku and Taiju after they revive him and becomes their hunter for food, using his skills as a prominent athlete to aid them. It’s revealed later that Tsukasa plans to purge humanity and thinks Senku will go along with him, but instead Senku rejects him. After this point, Tsukasa becomes fairly determined in carrying out his plans even to the point of leaving their group. He’s confessed to Senku that he doesn’t care about anyone but himself, though in the latter half of the story, it’s revealed that Tsukasa loves his sister Mirai more than anything in the world and that is where his resilience comes from, so he can save her.
He also reveals that Senku could’ve been his first friend pre-petrification, to which Senku agrees. From this angle, we can assume Tsukasa shuts himself off from others and only focuses on saving his sister. He’s naturally withdrawn outside of his goals. He tends to hate humans who control and manipulate others. By his actions, it is possible to assume that Tsukasa hates any hierarchy or practice of power. His goal is to create a society without technological advancement and he uses any means to achieve that objective; creating his own empire modeled on his twisted views of humanity. More specifically, a world without addictive drugs, guns and nuclear and chemical weapons.
Though to note, there are many points in the story that explore Tsukasa's psychotic behavior. One instance is when he first breaks a stone statue and has no remorse, continuing to crush more in his wake. He particularly goes after older adults and elderly people, but specifically leaves children alone. This can be related to his personal background and history of being assaulted and abused by those in authority. He also ends up taking Yuzuriha hostage in order to gain the Revival Formula. Tsukasa also by no means wants to resort to fighting or killing, but will do so if he feels pressured or his vision for humanity is at stake. This is seen when he ended up killing Senku after sharing a tender moment of wishing they could've met 3,700 years earlier.
Tsukasa has a code of respect which he abides by. He claims that even when killed in self-defense, a lion's meat should not be put to waste, thereby respecting it and the cycle of life. He also has no intention of making anyone suffer, and when forced to kill, he kills as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Since his second revival, Tsukasa has mellowed out. Now loyal to the Kingdom of Science. Tsukasa forgives his former faction for turning on him. He even respects Ryusui a bit, having evaesdropped on the man's explanation on how he sees money as not a way to control humans, but a small factor in helping bring together others to bring out the best in humanity.
Abilities and Skills
According to Taiju, Tsukasa has the reputation as "The Strongest High School Primate" due to his tremendous fighting abilities. The translators note that Shishiou Tsukasa means Lion Ruler. Even Hyoga acknowledged his skill and had to wait for Tsukasa to be vulnerable to betray him.
High intelligence: Tsukasa is a highly intellectual individual. After Senku, it's confirmed by Riichiro Inagaki that Tsukasa would have the highest grades and ties with Chrome in a school setting. Tsukasa also states that Senku is the only man he has met who is smarter than him by massive inquiring levels. From this, it's assumed that Tsukasa has spent most of his life alienated from social customs because of his prime intelligence (feeling that no one would understand him) and current predicament with his clinically brain dead sister, Mirai. Even though Senku made it look like Taiju, Yuzuriha and him escaped from Tsukasa in panic, he quickly deduced Senku is smart enough to try and trick him and rational enough not to condone to such behavior. It is assumed that Tsukasa possesses knowledge of human physiology at least to a degree, having been able to "kill" Senku in one hit, targeting his cervical nerve. When in America, he was able to deduce someone was watching them after smelling smoke of machine gun, while Hyoga realized how easy it was to fine corn and he was accurate when they were attacked.
Immense Physical Prowess: True to his epithet, Tsukasa possesses astronomical physical capabilities.
- Immense Strength: He was able to kill the leader of a pride of lions with a single punch, scaring the rest of the pride off. One punch from Tsukasa was able to push Taiju, a man noted for his inhuman endurance, to the brink of losing consciousness. While briefly clashing with Kohaku, Tsukasa stopped her assault with only two fingers. He also managed to cut down a tree with a single strike from his stone sword, a tree which Senku noted to weigh 1 ton.
- Immense Speed: Tsukasa's speed and reflexes are equally extreme. When Senku shot a crossbow bolt at Tsukasa, he simply caught the bolt with his bare hand, with Senku later noting that the bolts moved at 200 km/h. He was also able to easily parry all of Kohaku's swift attacks during their quick scuffle.
- Combat Proficiency: In addition to his enormous strength, speed, and reflexes, Tsukasa is also a tremendously skilled fighter, as he had dominated the UFC while only in high school, and remained undefeated. Tsukasa's fighting style appears to be similar to Muay Thai (kickboxing) demonstrating techniques, such as the Flying Knee, Roundhouse Kick, but also spinning back Kicks from Taekwondo. As a mixed martial artist, it could be inferred that he had mastered many forms of martial arts. He also shows that he is an able swordsman as well, wielding his stone blade with ease. Tsukasa is capable of killing a human painlessly, in one hit.After his second revival, Tsukasa was able to easily best Matsukaze, after just waking up.He could hunt and kill large American Alligators with help from the others.
- Enhanced Senses: He has acute senses, as he sensed a bloodlust in the air and smelt a faintness of smoke blowing and realized it came from a gun.
- Enhanced Durability: Even when mortally wounded, he was able to fight off the spear-wielding Hyoga.
He could hunt and kill large American Alligators with help from the others.
After being freed from his petrification, Tsukasa began wielding a primitive-looking spear with a stone blade to hunt for fish. The shaft broke partially later on, effectively turning the spear into a sword. The stone blade is sturdy enough to cut through trees.
- Tsukasa's name is composed of "tsukasa" (司 director; official; officer) while his surname Shishio is composed of "shi" (死 death), "shi" (獅 lion) and "ō" (王 king) to create Shishiō (Death Lion King).
- Tsukasa placed 10th in the popularity poll.
- Tsukasa placed 5th in the Second Popularity poll with 1073 votes.
|Male||Tsukasa Shishio • Hyoga • Ukyo Saionji • Yo Uei|
|Female||Homura Momiji • Minami Hokutozai • Nikki Hanada|
|Male||Dr. Brody • Byakuya Ishigami • Carlos Barrios • Gen Asagiri • Hyoga • Joel • Max Adams • Ryusui Nanami • Senku Ishigami • Shamil Volkov • Stanley Snyder • Taiju Oki • Tetsuya Kinomoto • Tsukasa Shishio • Ukyo Saionji • Xeno Houston Wingfield • Yakov Nikitin • Yo Uei|
|Female||Charlotte • Chelsea • Connie Lee • Darya Nikitina • Homura Momiji • Lillian Weinberg • Luna Wright • Maya Biggs • Minami Hokutozai • Mirai Shishio • Nikki Hanada • Yuzuriha Ogawa|