Suika (スイカ Suika) is a descendant of modern humans and an inhabitant of Ishigami Village. She's one of the main protagonists of Dr. Stone.
Having initially been ostracized for her clumsiness and constant usage of a watermelon helmet due to her near-sightedness, she quickly makes friends with Senku, who doesn't judge her immediately by her appearance and later helps her regain normal sight through lens.
Suika's a young girl of short stature with blonde hair in a bowl cut being described as cute by many of the other characters. This includes Kohaku, who normally doesn't show any girly traits; a testament to Suika's cuteness.
She has to wear a helmet made from a melon rind to help her see better because she has a disease called "blurry sickness" or in modern terms: near-sightedness. Senku created a pair of glass lens in her helmet to help her eyesight. She wears a dark-blue poncho that reaches to above her knees and wrists, and she has a large white rope attached to her neck like a necklace, which is common for her tribe, especially for girls.
She's a caring, inquisitive individual with a talent for spying. She seems to be a little shy, mostly because people saw her as weird for wearing a watermelon over her head (revealed to be because she has bad eyesight, and looking through the watermelon allows her to see a little better due to the pinhole effect). She's become one of Senku's closest allies ever since. She's moved when Senku doesn't ask her about the watermelon she wears or calls her weird for wearing it (though it was most likely because he doesn't care).
However, once Senku makes glass lens for her using the watermelon head, she's grateful for him fixing her eyesight, and declines to get more "normal practical", glasses, opting to keep her watermelon helmet. She's shown to be brave, as she purposely leads the Tsukasa Empire troops away from the village by using herself as bait. She also enjoys helping Senku and her friends. For example, when Senku needs volunteers to spin thread, she immediately volunteers herself and the other kids, stating that she would prove they could be useful.
As a kid, she's curious and enjoys exploring. Also, she occasionally doesn't understand some of the more, "adult", topics discussed, such as wondering what the village sisters mean when they say boyfriend or wondering what a harem is. Nonetheless, she has proven to be intelligent as she managed to understand Gen's path and his message based on some flowers he left behind. Similarly, she is observant enough to understand that Kinro has the same bad eyesight problem she has after she watched him fight for only a few minutes.
Possibly due to her lonely childhood being ostracized for wearing a watermelon helmet and lack of coordination due to her near-sightedness, she's quick to make friends and she's very friendly and kind. She immediately becomes friends with Mirai and states how happy she is to have a female friend her age. She also wants to be of help to others and dislikes it when she can't help others. She is also very compassionate as she saved Charlotte (an enemy soldier) from dying of a poisonous bite, despite putting herself in danger of being captured.
She seems to have a fondness of animals, like having a pet dog named Chalk, and bonding with a pig that Francois planned to use as an entree, to which Senku and Francois relented and allowed her to keep it as a pet, much to her joy.
Abilities and Equipment
- Stealth Master: Suika is trusted by Senku and his friends to let her go on scouting. She is able to roll herself inside the melon hat, allowing her to recon deep into enemy territory undetected. Suika is able to slip past through hostile units when she attempts to retrieve the mobile lab from Perseus after the whole crew, with the exception of her and Ginro, are petrified by an unknown opponent. She is highly dependable when it comes to scouting.
- Knowledge of Forests and Animals: She is stated by Francois to be the foremost expert of the forests and animals surrounding Ishigami Village.
- Intelligence: She is shown to be intelligent and observant, quickly deducing Kinro was losing the fight against Magma because he is nearsighted like her and he couldn't judge the proper distance to attack him.
- Amateur Doctor: Suika was taught basic medicine by Senku. She is knowledgeable enough to help Charlotte when she was bitten by an spider from the Amazon.
- Speed: Since getting her glasses, Suika has shown that she's able to be quite quick, which comes in very handy for stealth and especially for outsmarting enemies, as shown when she confronted Tsukasa's soldiers. While not as fast as other characters, she has shown to be speedy enough to get back from being tied up by Mantle to witness the match between Kinro and Magma. She was also speedy enough to outrun adults such as Tsukasa's soldiers, Hyoga, and Homura. Her speed ability proved invaluable when it came to rescuing the science lab from the ship after it was overrun by the Petrification Kingdom.
- Luck: In contrast to Senku and how much bad luck he has, Suika is noted to have amazing Luck when it comes to certain feats, as shown when she sucessfully found tungsten among Chrome's rock collection and when she discovered the Medusa floating in the water.
- Her name Suika is the Japanese word for Watermelon.
- This comes from the watermelon she wears over her head, which comes from a plant of the species Citrullus lanatus, bearing a melon-like fruit.
- It's unknown if Suika had a different name before donning her helmet, as everyone in her village is typically named after minerals.
- She is one of the most popular characters in the series, ranking in the top ten in every popularity poll she is in.
- Suika tends to refer to herself in the third person in the manga.
- Suika has yet to grow too big for her melon helmet, but as soon as she does so, her stealth ability will go down.
- Suika's melon helmet used to have faint stripes, but after rolling around so much they got rubbed off. 
|Male||Alabaster • Argo • Carbo • Chrome • Ganen • Genbu • Ginro • Hagane • Jasper • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Mantle • Natri • Sagan • Sho • Soyuz • Tetsuken • Titan • Unmo|
|Female||Alumi • Azura • Beryl • Dia • En • Garnet • Kohaku • Kujaku • Namari • Ruby • Ruri • Sango • Sapphire • Shirogane • Shovel • Suika • Suzu • Turquoise|
|Unknown||Chalk • Sagara|
|Male||Chrome • Gen Asagiri • Ginro • Hyoga • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Matsukaze • Mozu • Ryusui Nanami • Senku Ishigami • Taiju Oki • Tsukasa Shishio • Yo Uei|
|Female||Homura Momiji • Kirisame • Kohaku • Minami Hokutozai • Nikki Hanada • Ruri • Suika • Yuzuriha Ogawa|
|Alabaster • Argo • Carbo • Chrome • Ganen • Genbu • Ginro • Hagane • Jasper • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Mantle • Natri • Sagan • Sho • Tetsuken • Titan • Unmo|
|Alumi • Azura • Beryl • Dia • En • Garnet • Kohaku • Kujaku • Namari • Ruby • Ruri • Sango • Sapphire • Shirogane • Shovel • Suika • Suzu • Turquoise|
|Soyuz's father • Ibara • Matsukaze • Mozu • Oarashi • Soyuz|
|Amaryllis • Kirisame|