Senku Ishigami (
His stone markings are two, symmetrical diagonal lines on top of his inner eyebrows.
Pre-Stone World, he wore a typical school uniform with a lab coat over it. After waking up in the Stone World, he switched to wearing animal skin clothing in a rudimentary manner. After Yuzuriha's de-petrification, He gets these clothes patched up in a better manner. He has Albert Einstein's mass–energy equivalence formula (E = mc2) written in his own blood across the breast of his shirt.
Senku is a straight-forward, confident and highly logical individual who can come off as arrogant, although he means well. Even so, he never lets his confidence cloud his judgment, and never belittles those who are less knowledgeable than him. Rather, he serves as a source of encouragement and inspiration to everyone around him. Because of his charisma and caring nature, people tend to gather around him, allies and supporters alike. He can act over-the-top at times when he is excited over a creation or at the discovery of something new.
Senku has a very logical mind, believing that there is nothing science cannot explain, even if it takes a long time for science to properly understand any one thing.
Although he has a strong sense of justice, he often bends the rules, withholds information, and manipulates others to get what he wants, but if only for the better of his allies. He often acts as if he builds inventions and uses people for his own interest (such as glasses, and the automobile) but beneath his arrogance and manipulative nature lies a genuinely selfless and kind heart.
Unlike Taiju, Senku seems averse to the idea of romance. He seemed disturbed when Kohaku worded her praise for him strangely, claiming she had "fallen for him." In addition, he was completely unaffected by Amaryllis's attempts to charm him, much to her chagrin. He believes a brain filled with love is most illogical, but he does support his friends, such as Taiju's relationship with Yuzuriha, and Chrome's relationship with Ruri. Despite all this, Gen believes that one day, after all the conflict is over, he may consider the idea of romance.
What Senku lacks in physical ability, he more than makes up for with his determination. He counted the time he was petrified to the last second for nearly 3 millennia, and willingly faced death by Tsukasa's hand because of his refusal to end his science and to protect Yuzuriha without being fazed. Senku is simply someone who refuses to give up on a task no matter how arduous.
Abilities and Skills
Senku Ishigami is a genius with a vast amount knowledge of all things scientific. He is well versed chemistry, physics, engineering, geology, biology and mathematics. Senku is able to easily create various useful tools and gadgets, medicine and most notably, the de-petrification elixir, despite the limited materials of the Stone World. As a child, he designed and built a functioning miniature rocket ship, alongside many other advanced and experimental machines. However, Senku doesn't compare to a master craftsman like Kaseki, in terms of building skills, as Kaseki has far more experience than him. In addition to his scientific knowledge, Senku also possesses great resourcefulness, and analytical mind, seemingly never having a shortage of options at his disposal. For whatever he lacks, he has an ally who can offer their strength. He also possesses great mental fortitude, able to think quickly on his feet and keep his cool in the most dire of situations.
Though arrogant and eccentric, Senku seems to have a good understanding of people and how they think. He uses his many creations to charm those who were suspicious of him (like ramen, glasses, and medicine) to slowly warm up to around him. Senku is also a capable leader, who is good with his words, able to motivate and lead the villagers into an effective army against Tsukasa's Empire of Might. He has personally gained the loyalty and respect of his allies (and enemies) through his hard work and determination.
In addition to his scientific intelligence, he appears to have some skill as a strategist. He managed to coordinate the villagers and even some of Tsukasa's army whom he converted to his side in an effective bloodless war against Tsukasa's Might of Empire. Similarly, he managed to have Kohaku, Ginro, and Amaryllis infiltrate the chief of treasure island's harem as spies and managed to communicate with Kohaku and develop a strategy to cleverly gather the scattered petrified pieces of his friends along with the precious stones from the Soyuz chamber.
Senku is below average in terms of physical ability, lacking physical strength. He was unable to hold Homura, a petite woman shorter than 5 feet, after managing to grab hold of her. He also admitted he wouldn't stand a chance against someone as strong as Kohaku in a fight (although it's not really a fair comparison, given how strong she is). Similarly, Senku has poor stamina, and tends to get physically exhausted rather quickly. He is also very vulnerable to hypothermia, only being able to withstand cold water for a short amount of time.
While not bad in terms of craftsmanship, he lacks the natural talent in it. It took him several months to learn how to do pottery and even then, it could only be considered decent. He also failed miserably at making glassware and for more detailed and intricate objects, requires expert craftsmen like Kaseki to make them. He also requires Yuzuriya to piece together the broken stone statues as he lacks her talent and precision.
Lack of cooking skills
While not a weakness per se, he is not an exceptional cook. He is shown to know how to cook but lacks experience and quality ingredients. While he knows the process of how to make food, most of the time the more complicated food does not taste good. While he was able to make cotton candy and cola, more complicated foods such as wine, ramen and bread proved to be terrible tasting. While in the ramen's case part of it was due to not having the exact ingredients (he used foxtail to make flour instead of wheat) when he tried to create bread with all of the proper ingredients on hand for the first time, it came out so horrible no modern person was capable of eating it (thought the Ishigami Village tribe loved it because they have only ever eaten fish and never tried bread before).
Senku is allergic to lacquer. It causes his face and lips to swell up dramatically.
Throughout the series, despite his high intelligence and ability to overcome obstacles, he tends to run into trouble often due to his horrific luck. Gen at one point quips to Senku (while they are trying to make gunpowder to stop Tsukasa's army and fail) that Senku always has crappy luck.
- Senku's name is composed of "sen" (千 thousand) and "kū" (空 sky) to create Senkū (Thousand Sky), while Ishigami is composed of "ishi" (石 stone) and "kami" (神 god) to create Ishigami (Stone God).
- Senku shares a motif with Taiju and Yuzuriha in that his name contains "kū" (空 sky) in his name, which correlates to the theme of "land, sea, and sky".
- Senku has been ranked 1st place in the 1st and 2nd Character Popularity Polls.
- There have been women who have shown signs of attraction to him. Kohaku claimed to have fallen for him when they first met. Though she clarified that she meant it in a platonic manner, she admitted in chapter 22 that he looked like "lady killer" to her. In chapter 22, Ruby stated she was interested in a man who would dote on her and she was so impressed by the ramen Senku made that she asked what his type was. Also in chapter 43 where Senku was asking Gen about the woman Homura from Tsukasa's army, Ginro thought he was stating what his type was and Shovel, Ruby, Garnet and Sapphire seemed interested in hearing. He did at one point marry Ruri though divorced her within five minutes of their marriage. After Senku promised Nikki he would protect Lillian Weinberg's last recorded song, Nikki also claimed she could fall for him. However, due to Senku's focus on rebuilding civilization along with his aversion to romance he hasn't formed any romantic relationships.
- He states Doraemon is what inspired him to become a scientist.
- He demonstrates a love for video games, making references to Super Mario Bros, Civilization, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter having a particular shout out in chapter 63).
- He has three main catchphrases: he claims "10 billion percent" when he is certain of something, "1 mm" when he claims how impossible something is, and "This is Exciting" when a new development occurs or he manages to further his scientific developments.
|Male||Taiju Oki • Senku Ishigami • Gen Asagiri • Chrome • Kaseki • Kinro • Ginro • Magma • Ryusui Nanami|
|Female||Yuzuriha Ogawa • Ruri • Kohaku • Suika • Nikki • Minami|
|Male||Byakuya Ishigami • Gen Asagiri • Hyoga • Senku Ishigami • Shamil Volkov • Taiju Oki • Tsukasa Shishio • Ukyo • Yakov Nikitin • Yo • Ryusui Nanami|
|Female||Connie Lee • Darya Nikitina • Homura • Lillian Weinberg • Nikki • Yuzuriha Ogawa • Minami • Mirai Shishio|