Being usually used like a "pack mule" for labor in the Kingdom of Science, Ginro tries shirking out of any job he's given regardless of the effort needed; Kohaku and Kinro usually drag him along. During the adventure on Treasure Island, Ginro manages to convince an unpetrified warrior to serve him due to the resemblance he bears to his late master, gaining protection from his former "tormentors".
Ginro is a rather short, androgynous young man with medium-length blond hair that covers the left side of his face. Unlike his brother, he seems to take strongly after his mother in looks, having round, green eyes and soft facial features, and unlike many of the other warriors, is not very muscular. Due to these traits, he is able to convincingly pass himself off as a girl, and uses this in conjunction with a disguise to (reluctantly) join the harem selection and infiltrate the Petrification Kingdom. According to Matsukaze, he resembles his former lord, who is hinted to be a distant relative.
Ginro wears a blue karate gi-like uniform and belt. He, like his brother Kinro, carries his spear wherever he goes.
Ginro is the coward of the two guard brothers, immediately showcased when he gets visibly more startled than Kinro by Kohaku's threats of attacking them unless they let Senku into the village. He can be very full of himself and is somewhat selfish. He's easily distracted by shiny things and Senku's antics, which ends with him usually working to further the scientist’s schemes. He is much more sincere in his cowardice and is rather open about his feelings. For example, he considered the possibility of having everyone run away from the village to avoid a fight with the Tsukasa Empire, though after Kohaku points out that only a scum bag would consider it as the elderly and children wouldn't be able to keep up, he claims he didn't think of such an idea.
There are two main sides to him: a kinder, gentler side that cares for his friends and family and a more scummy side to himself. There are times when his scummy meddling side wins over his nicer side, such as when he enters the village tournament to determine who would be village chief and wed Ruri. While he initially does so to protect Ruri from Magma, once he learns she is satisfied with marrying whoever wins, Ginro immediately decides to win so he can be chief and order people around, have ramen everyday, give everyone a harem, and be a "good chief" in his own words. The villagers are so disturbed that when he loses to Senku, they immediately cheer despite the fact they do not approve of Senku as an outsider. Similarly, when the Perseus sets sail, he refuses to board for fear of such a dangerous journey, though he pretends to swim after the ship in order to impress some girls. In addition, he tends to enjoy meddling in Chrome and Ruri's relationship. At one point, in an extra, he even suggests that he, Chrome, Kinro, and Senku attack Kohaku together to see who is stronger and claims it is "fair" since Kohaku is much stronger than all of them individually.
When it comes to romantic affairs, Ginro is shown to be focusing primarily on a woman's superficial qualities, a trait his brother Kinro greatly despises.
Ginro shows regret for his cowardice often and genuinely cares about his friends, to the point where he runs off to help Senku and Chrome in a dangerous situation where they were attempting to acquire sulfur from Sulfurina, a natural sulfur spring where the gas is poisonous to breathe in. Similarly, he refuses to cut the bridge from the village to the outside despite knowing that doing so would protect their village from Hyoga's forces, because his brother Kinro would have to be sacrificed. Recently, when his brother faces the prospect of being petrified, Ginro manages to overcome his fear to protect his brother with help from Suika. This proves that despite having a scummy cowardly side, he will ultimately endure any tough situation to protect his friends and family. He also showed this when he received great info on the Leader of the Petrification Kingdom, even though suffered heavy wounds from it. He was willing to accept his fate after being saved by Kohaku.
He can be somewhat lazy as he tends to slack off during his duties as a guard. He often complains when he and Kinro have to lend manpower to Senku's inventions, which physically exhaust them, and celebrated alongside Kinro when Senku built a power plant that would decrease their work. He also shows a perverted side, imagining what it would be like to marry Ruri and also showing interest when Senku tries to learn more about Homura, thinking Senku was discussing what type of woman he likes. He showed interest in the use of an x-ray to peek under women's clothes. Similarly, he enjoys showing off, particularly in front of cute girls, as he imagined himself looking cool while facing off during the village tournament, though in reality, was beaten badly before winning. He similarly swam to the Perseus to make it look like he was brave and wanted to join his friends on their dangerous journey to the outside world when, in reality, he believed he would not be able to reach the ship and would return to the island looking like a hero and getting several girls to like him.
Abilities and Skills
- Average Physical Prowess: While not as good of a warrior as Kinro, he possesses some skill. He can support up to at least Chrome's weight, as seen when he managed to keep him held up by his spear, albeit with great difficulty. He managed to defeat Agro, the physically third most powerful man in the village, though received heavy injuries in the process. He could hunt and kill large American Alligators with help from the others.
- Spearmanship: Ginro appears to posses average spear skills during combat, but excels with showy flourishes and feints. Ginro is shown to be very skilled with using it as he was able to perform a spearman's dance while disguised as a woman.
- High Stamina: He has enough physical capability to match his brother in spinning the electrical generator. When receiving a barrage of hits from Argo during the village competition, who went into the tournament to fight Magma, Ginro is able to withstand them and even succeed in pushing him off a cliff into water and win the match, granted Argo was shocked at the level of Ginro's endurance and Ginro was under the effects of caffeine from the supplement Senku gave him. While disguised, Ginro was implied to be capable of storing a pineapple containing a chemical weapon on his person without affecting his movements. He survived a fatal wound from Ibara, though it was thanks to Kohaku that he survived as she made sure that they were petrified not long after.
- Spear: Originally, Ginro wielded a primitive-looking spear. It then got coated in silver as a safety precaution during the search for sulfuric acid. Later, it got upgraded to a katana-style blade of metal rather than sharpened stone.
- Katana: During the raid on Ishigami Village by Hyoga and his goons, Ginro was given a katana by Kaseki and Senku.
- Ginro's name can be translated as "silver wolf". This ties into his brother, Kinro's name, which means "golden wolf".
- His name contains the kanji for Silver (銀 Gin) and Wolf (狼 Rō) and put together mean Silver Wolf, in keeping with the fact that all other members of Ishigami village have names referencing metals and crystals. His being the reference to the chemical element Silver, its elemental symbol is Ag and atomic number is 47.
- Ginro is the fifth most popular hunk amongst the villagers.
- Ginro tends to always screw up in some way; mostly due to his absentmindedness and being a chicken.
|Male||Alabaster • Argo • Carbo • Chrome • Ganen • Genbu • Ginro • Hagane • Jasper • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Mantle • Natri • Sagan • Sho • Soyuz • Tetsuken • Titan • Unmo|
|Female||Alumi • Azura • Beryl • Dia • En • Garnet • Kohaku • Kujaku • Namari • Ruby • Ruri • Sango • Sapphire • Shirogane • Shovel • Suika • Suzu • Turquoise|
|Unknown||Chalk • Sagara|
|Male||Chrome • Gen Asagiri • Ginro • Hyoga • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Matsukaze • Mozu • Ryusui Nanami • Senku Ishigami • Taiju Oki • Tsukasa Shishio • Yo Uei|
|Female||Homura Momiji • Kirisame • Kohaku • Minami Hokutozai • Nikki Hanada • Ruri • Suika • Yuzuriha Ogawa|
|Alabaster • Argo • Carbo • Chrome • Ganen • Genbu • Ginro • Hagane • Jasper • Kaseki • Kinro • Kokuyo • Magma • Mantle • Natri • Sagan • Sho • Tetsuken • Titan • Unmo|
|Alumi • Azura • Beryl • Dia • En • Garnet • Kohaku • Kujaku • Namari • Ruby • Ruri • Sango • Sapphire • Shirogane • Shovel • Suika • Suzu • Turquoise|
|Soyuz's father • Ibara • Matsukaze • Mozu • Oarashi • Soyuz|
|Amaryllis • Kirisame|