Senku's Department Store (デパート
The chapter begins with Magma pointing out that humans can't fly, before stopping short when he remembers that Yo teases him for his lack of modern knowledge. Yo admits he also doesn't know the answer this time. Senku tells them they'll be making a hot air balloon.
Kaseki is shocked by how short the roadmap for it is, since it only really requires a lot of fabric. Yuzuriha recognizes that this means they'll have a lot of hard work ahead of them, and Senku puts them all in her care. Using hemp, they make thread and then weave it into fabric. Senku and Kaseki build a loom for her to speed things along.
Soon, they have many bolts of fabric but not all of it is suitable for the hot air balloon. The fabric that isn't gets turned into clothing, prompting an impromptu fashion show. Senku's plan to sell the clothes to Ryusui succeeds, and they gain more funds for the Kingdom of Science.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Senku wants to build a hot air balloon for surveying the land.
- The Kingdom harvests hemp.
- They use it to make lots of woven fabric.
- Yuzuriha creates a fashion shop.
- Some of the stone world members wear modern clothing.
- Ryusui buys all of the clothes.
- Viz Media incorrectly labeled the chapter number.
- In the middle of page 13, Gen's expression is a reference to Kazutaka Hyōdō from Kaiji.
- On the final page, Boichi's mascot appears next to Yuzuriha.