New World Science (
The chapter begins with Senku testing a handful of medusas, causing the others to jump for cover. None of them activate, so Taiju sticks his face into several piles and tries as well. Kohaku and Suika join him as it looks fun. Not a single device is still active.
The fact none of them work confirm Senku and Ryusui's theory that they'd all be out of power after petrifying the whole world. Dr. Xeno monologues about how beautiful it must have been, seeing the advanced weaponry activate, but it was just a distraction while he tried to pocket one of the devices. Gen notices his misdirection and points out what he did, making Chrome try and snatch it back from Xeno. Senku says it's fine since the device doesn't work anyways and states they can make use of Xeno's research abilities.
With none of them working, Tsukasa begins smashing them apart so they can analyze their inner workings, something the group couldn't do before as there was only one device.
Back on the Perseus, Matsukaze and Ginro wonder where Stanley is taking them. Stanley himself is left trying to figure out what the Kingdom of Science's next move is. They assume the group will build another boat and that they'll be able to catch up with them before they can complete it. Stanley's radar expert says they'll find the new boat using the radar they have.
As expected, the science group is in fact building a new ship, designed to be a Stealth ship so they can slip under the radar. Some time later they finish construction and need to test it as Ukyo doesn't know all the military secrets. Xeno doesn't help either as he wants Stanley to catch them. Ukyo tests the ship using the radar they have and states that "it's kinda hard to detect... for its size." Expecting to have to tweak it, Senku says they'll have to modify it, however Chrome points out that no one on Earth noticed the petrification devices raining down until it was too late.
Running more tests, they realize that the devices are invisible to radar, potentially due to them absorbing the waves. Chrome then suggests that they just cover the boat in the devices rather than having to rebuild the boat.
After covering the hull with several devices, the group are ready to sail. With their futuristic stealth ship built, they set off back down the river.
Characters in Order of Appearances
- The science group discover the various Petrification Weapons do not work.
- It is confirmed that the devices can be destroyed.
- It is revealed that the Petrification Pyramid could not be detected on radar.
- The devices absorb radio waves.
- Stanley's team plans to meet the science group on the other side of the Amazon by circumnavigating the continent then finding them with the radar.
- A stealth ship is built.
- The ship is then covered in the Petrification devices, hopefully cloaking them from radar.
- The science group leave the Petrification Pyramid.
- Xeno kept a petrification device for himself.
- The time of year is now approximately mid-January or early February based on the moon.
- Senku is now 20 years old.
- The cover page shows Senku interacting with characters from the anime series One Piece.
- Normally, stealth ships are painted matte grey to camouflage into the sea haze, however with the numerous medusas plastered across the Kingdom's ship it glitters like a disco ball.
- The medusa's constantly curving surface may help camouflage it from radar by scattering the waves.
- Kohaku's dress is shown to be brown again in the color pages, implying the anime took creative liberty with what colors to use for clothing.