Torch of Science (
The chapter begins the moment Senku gets shot, the rest of the people on the Perseus reacting to the sound. Stanley decides his job is done and leaves, leaving Max and Carlos to rescue Luna if they want.
On the Perseus, Ryusui takes charge and calms everyone down since now is the best time to strike back. Senku weakly points out that he's not dead, since everyone is acting like he is. Taiju and Francois quickly patch him up to stop the bleeding, but they don't have the skills to do more. Luna, seeing how everyone reacted in the crisis, checks Senku's blood pressure. Ryusui notices and asks if she's a doctor, but she says she was only a medical student who failed a year. Taiju begs her for her help.
Outside Xeno's castle, Chrome and Kohaku look for ways of getting inside. They get spooked by Tsukasa and the others appearing behind them, but they're relieved by the reinforcements. Tsukasa and Hyoga assess the situation and decide they'll need to dig.
Ukyo helpfully shows Chrome how they'll contact the Perseus in code so that Xeno won't be able to understand, only to find out moments later that Senku had been shot. A second message comes through, simply spelling out Chrome's name, leaving him as the scientist in charge.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Senku is wounded by Stanley's gunshot.
- Senku speculates that Stanley aimed at his chest because Stanley believed Senku may be the only one who knows the revival formula and wanted to give Senku time to pass on the formula before he dies.
- Stanley retreats, leaving Carlos and Max to deal with Luna.
- Luna remains on the Perseus and ends up helping Senku.
- Luna attended medical classes prior to the petrification.